Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tuna Noodle

This is my version of a "How pregnant is she" joke.



Dinner last night was tuna noodle casserole, an old family favorite comfort food. I was very proud of myself as I had decided to buy enough of the ingredients to make a second batch to put in the freezer for after baby.

So, I dice the celery and onion, sweat them for a few minutes, add the soups and a bit of milk. I get everything rolling, pastas on the stove, crush up the crackers for the top, I'm really feeling accomplished, right? AWESOME!

The pasta's done so I mix the soup mixture and pasta together and get into the casserole dish, sprinkle some cheese on top then the crushed crackers, throw the bad boy in the oven and sit down for the first time all day.

Casha was painting at her easel, Ryan commented he was getting hungry, I told him the tuna noodle would be ready shortly and a few minutes later I asked him to take it out to set. Dinner would be ready in ten minutes.

I knelt down to help Casha with something and at just that moment I realized the tuna was still in the cabinet. I said, with my hand covering my mouth in shock, "I'm so pregnant!" I had forgotten to add tuna to the soup mixture before mixing with the pasta! OMG!

It all worked out, I just dumped the already baked casserole into a large bowl and added the tuna. I threw it all back into the oven with more cheese and crushed crackers on top and dinner was served shortly there after.
The moral of the story: Don't let the pregnany lady cook alone. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment